Tuesday, 11 August 2026

Change, change, change!

    Right now, my life is nothing but change. My birthday is in just a few days; I'm moving out and into an apartment, and im starting my sophomore year of college. I thought, why not treat August like it's New Year's? Here are a few things I plan on doing to improve myself and my life. 

1. Makeup 

    For whatever reason, I feel a lot better when I do my makeup in the morning. So, when it comes to school —on the days I don't do my makeup, I feel sort of sluggish. Recently I've been doing a bit of concealer under my eyes and on my eyelids. Then, just a little bit of brown and pink eyeshadow on the outer corners. I use a tad bit of shimmer on the inner corners of my eyes. I finish with powdered blush and mascara. My makeup used to be a lot darker when it came to eyeshadow; I like what I do now-- it's brighter. Happier. 



2. Movement 

   

    To be entirely honest, I don't seek out movement much. It's something I'm very aware of. I often try to make excuses for it-- I have low iron blah blah blah, but that's a bunch of nothing, right? While visiting my family in New York, we went hiking, and I really enjoyed it. Actually, I do enjoy movement when I actually get around to it. So,  I want to try walking outside more. I love rollerblading, so that too. But what's going to be most helpful is the yoga class im taking this semester- I'll be forced to move. Simply: move more, you'll feel better in more ways than one! 



3. Outfits

    Similar to the makeup situation, wearing clothes that make me feel like me is so important. Last semester, I would sort of just throw on a hoodie and jeans, pull my hair up into a ponytail, and call it a day. But I usually felt so icky because of it. I'd like to make sure I'm being intentional with my outfits from here on out. Especially for school. I've already gone Depop hunting. 



Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What I've Been Up To...

      Hi! My life has been a lot of just... cruising lately. In other words, trying to figure things out while just getting "through it...