I have two blogs, this one I'd like to use for simply just rambling. An unassuming--little corner of the internet for me and the few people that find me. In August I turned eighteen, which to be entirely honest, I thought it would be a big deal. Eighteen, the age I longed for when I was little and dreaded as it got closer. An age I thought would be full of independence and responsibility-- immaculate change. Instead, it passed in a simple day of school, with a small cake, and that was all. I didn't feel much different or older even, but the same. I'm grateful for it really, I tend to get utterly depressed around my birthday. This time around it wasn't as dreadful apart from a few little things, but again it was fine. Simply a day in time, and I'm all the glad for it.
I started college on my birthday, I really do like it--much more than high school. I actually don't miss high school one bit. College 'culture' suits me more, I think it suits most more. Everything is more independent (I know thats the point); you choose your friends, your classes, your pace. I'm majoring in film, but likely won't take any film classes until my second year. My favorite class at the moment is Sociology, which I wish was in person. I genuinely find the readings interesting. That's really all I have to say on that.
I visited my cousin, I love my cousin so much, she's like a sister to me. It was a very brief visit, but we went and got boba and things like that-- I'll see her later this month actually, for a concert. I made a puppet, I guess I should explain this. I've always been very into puppetry, but it's taken me this long to make a puppet on my own. Anyway I made a few videos with him, he's this fuzzy orange thing. Some of the videos did well and I've found myself in a community in people I've always wanted to be in (if you guessed puppet people you'd be right).
I've been drawing a lot more, college has given me the time to be creative that high school didn't. I went on a roadtrip with some of my friends to Oklahoma for a military graduation. I really enjoyed it, and Oklahoma is surprisingly pretty, we went to a national park and drove around as the sun was going down.
The graduation was on the military base a lived in for a time, I was very little and only remember it in cloudy, short memories. What I did remember was my house--and the window that belonged to the room in which I'd wait for my dad to get home from work, watching a few select videos from YouTube. It's weird to think that at the time, YouTube was very new. I remember watching The Duck Song over and over, and the Banana Phone song by Raffi. We hit a few antique stores towards the end of our trip. I got some Muppet goods which I was very excited about. I'm a huge Muppet fan.

No comments:
Post a Comment